Friday, July 17, 2015

What are your top 5?



My purpose for creating this blog is not only to share what I have learned, but also to learn from you. First and foremost, be grateful for your body! With all its imperfections and flaws! Take care of yourself and love your life! 


What are you most grateful for today, right now! Here are my top 5, I would love to know what are yours?! Write a list and keep it close and handy to keep you focused on what's important! More tips on this to come! Let's start simple, but significant! 

1. Family- my wonderful supportive husband, Dusty, who has been my teacher, rock, and best friend. My two precious children, Kaleb and Kora. They bring me so much joy. My mother and father, they are the epitome of unconditional love and support. 
2. Faith- I am a true believer in God, I am a Christian, without my faith I would not be who I am today. My faith encourages gratitude!
3. Friends- the many people who have filled my life with joy, love, support, and laughter. These are lasting friendships that are dear to my heart. Megan, Lindsey, Ashlee, D'Nea, Lauren, Ms.Rhonda and the Bullock family, just to name a few!
4. Food- Of course I LOVE food! Always have and always will! I love it even more now that I know how to chop it, slice it,bake it, cook it, blend it, you get the idea! I have recently discovered the joy of cooking and preparing whole, fresh foods. Eating clean is not a fad! Its a genuinely healthy lifestyle, and remember as my mom always taught me everything should be in moderation! Treat yourself once in a while! My favorite foods are shrimp salads, taco soup, turkey burgers, and anything with brie cheese. I also love green smoothies and have been drinking them for the past 6 months! I crave them in the mornings! They are a great source of energy, nutrition, and fullness. 
5. Fitness- I have always tried to stay active and exercise, but it got very difficult after having two babies back to back (my children are 13 months apart), so I was basically pregnant for two years! While I maintained a healthy pregnancy, I lost control of my healthy eating habits. And after having the babies, there seemed no time for exercise! I am a full time working mom and have a 45 minute commute to work. When was I going to go to the gym or an exercise class?! So I participated in a challenge group with some of my past veterinary classmates, and it changed my life! I was motivated to work out (doing Focus T25), cook and eat healthy meals and snacks, learn meal prepping techniques, and have so much fun in the process! I instantly loved the idea of the challenge group! Eating healthy and exercise has always been important to me, but I got lost in how to accomplish it when life got so hectic! I learned fitness can be worked in a hectic life and the group keeps you accountable. I choose now to make the time, and I am staying on track for the first time in a long time! 


Thanks Jessica Borne Tuner for contacting me the day you did, it was an unexpected blessing. You are a positive, inspirational coach and will excel in your journey helping others stay healthy and fit.

Thankful, 
Diana 




No comments:

Post a Comment